10/31/10

is it wrong to blog at 3am?

I don't think so. I've had a wonderful night. Random, but lovely, and not what i had anticipated, which is always fine by me. Skipped the whole Halloween party scene and spent time with my grandparents, got some amazing, super sexy blouses i can't wait to wear(!) and picked up some sewing tips. Realized my phone was dead, and that i was locked out of my house, and the shop, and my boyfriend, who has the spare key, was nearly four hours away driving home to Louisville for the weekend. Went to stop by my friend katy's house who luckily had another spare set of keys to my house and store, and, to my surprise, there was a nice, big, super official Halloween party happening at her place. She was bar-tending, and doing a totally legitimate job, so i stayed for a while, took some great photos, had some nice conversation and lots of questions about the store, and then was on my merry way. After getting back in the house, doing a bit of laundry and tending to things, I stopped by my boyfriends house to say hi for a bit. Ended up sitting around and singing great, sad country songs all night, even some  Townes Van Zandt, songs that  felt so unbelievably beautiful and real and sad that it hurt in my bones in a way that i had really been missing. I just listened to his record High, Low, & In Between two weeks ago, but it was nice to really get to sing the songs, and with other people as well.  Made me a bit nostalgic for the nights when things like that were the norm. Now, i'm blogging from my boyfriend's bed, and i'm perfectly content with that.

I did miss my awesome best friend Audrey tonight, she's at a party in the middle of a field right now, and i'm sure she's the most adorable cat anyone has ever seen (she's not actually a cat, however). Luckily, we will see each other tomorrow, as the plan is a gang of us are going to hear Deer Tick play in St. Louis. I got on here to blog about a blog, but what i really needed to say i think ended up spilling out anyway.

So, here is the lovely blog i stumbled upon a bit ago, cool stuff, i will have to check out more tomorrow. Sweet dreams, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment